Yoga is becoming increasingly popular in the workplace. Many companies now recognize the value of yoga and are offering free classes to their employees as part of their stress reduction and corporate wellness programs during the workday. According to Yoga Journal, such companies include Chase Manhattan Bank, Forbes, HBO, GE, Wall Street brokerage firms, and dozens of Fortune 500’s like Nike, Apple, Harpo, Motorola, Google, Forbes, and General Motors. The benefits that yoga offers employees can translate into valuable assets for businesses; namely, higher employee morale, increased productivity, and fewer sick days and disability claims.
Yoga can be a positive influence on ones ability to concentrate, gain confidence, and reduce stress. All these things lead to more a more productive, harmonious work environment. But that’s not the only benefit to companies. Providing yoga for employees can significantly cut operating costs.
Recent research indicates that companies who offer yoga and wellness programs to their employees reduce their annual health insurance premiums, and thereby improve their bottom line. According to a recent study on worksite health programs, corporations realized $3 — $6 in savings for every $1 invested in wellness programs. The same study showed more than a 25% average reduction in health-care costs for well-designed programs (American Journal of Health Promotion).
Why offer Yoga Classes at Work?
Offering yoga classes at work is a low-cost and innovative solution for companies wanting to reduce health care expenses, relieve workplace stress and promote employee well-being. The performance of a corporation depends on the performance of its key assets—employees. Healthy employees are more productive and more cost effective.
Benefits for the Company:
• Job stress costs U.S. companies about $300 billion annually through absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover and direct medical, legal and insurance fees. (The American Institute for Stress)
• Stress is the cause of nearly 90% of doctor visits in the U.S. (The American Institute for Stress)
• Companies lose $2-$3 in productivity for every $1 spent on direct employee medical costs. (National Safety Council)
• Companies spend $14,000 per employee per year on medically related productivity losses. (CorSolutions, Inc.)
Benefits of Yoga for Employees:
• Improves concentration, decision-making skills and ability to multi-task
• Reduces multiple costs of stress-related illnesses and absenteeism
• Improves employee alertness and productivity and ability to react more calmly in demanding situations
• Relieves head, neck and back strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure and work-related injuries from repetitive motion and/or lifting and moving objects
• Creates better customer service
• Enhances employee attitude and outlook
• Promotes well-being in the workplace and reduces employee turnover
The Gurus Gate Yoga can bring a yoga class directly to your work place or facility! A yoga class can be taught during lunchtime, right after work, or anytime that is suitable for your people and can be done in any relatively quiet room. We can supply some mats and props or students can bring their own.
Custom Designed Classes
Yoga classes are suitable for all levels and custom designed to meet the needs of your employees, staff, or residents. We welcome all shapes, sizes, and ages of students, regardless of fitness or flexibility level. We offer a safe and detailed approach to all postures with attention given to body ailments commonly experienced at work or as one ages.
Certified & Qualified Teachers
All instructors at the Source-Yoga ‘n more are certified yoga instructors and some have specialty certifications in yoga for Seniors, Cancer patients and survivors, Kids/Youth, Pre/Post Natal, Guided meditation and visualization, and various yoga therapies. Depending on your facility or office, we will customize the on-site yoga classes to accommodate and address the issues most of the attendees deal with on a daily basis and help them relieve the physical and mental stresses associated. If there is a group of people that you believe would benefit from having yoga brought to them, please pass along our information or contact us and we will take it from there! On-site yoga classes are not limited to just workplaces. We also instruct at senior centers, assisted living facilities, hospitals, schools, etc.
1. Select an on-site room or location for class. We can accommodate group privates at our studio if your office or facility does not have a suitable on-site space.
2. Decide if classes will meet once a week for 8 weeks or twice a week for 4 weeks. Rates are determined by number of people attending, location of office or facility, and how long the class will be (30 minutes, 60 minutes, or 75 minutes).
3. Contact Lisa Vitta for more information and to arrange class details. Lisa@thegurusgate.com