Guru Kids Yoga is fun! It sets your child for a lifetime of good health, radiance and happiness! By using nature and animal-themed games, dance and song to stimulate the mind, the creative spirit and enhance the health, our program is a safe and fun environment for children ages 3-12 years of age to expand, explore and express their unique physical, emotional, mental and spiritual gifts. Classes follow a flexible structure based on the age, interest, and ability of the child.
Stories and music accompany our fun and educational “journeys” to exotic lands. The children use their imaginations and Animal Yoga postures to learn new vocabulary, develop motor and movement skills, and to understand balance and relaxation through meditation and breath. Partner poses and group meditations give children the experience of teamwork and trust with others; naming and teaching their very own yoga poses provides children with leadership and confidence-building skills.
Our Guru Kids Yoga Classes combine yoga postures and meditation to help transform the body, mind and spirit of our young ones, building the foundation for a bright tomorrow for all of us!
It is a fun, playful class where kids can move energy through their bodies and bring calm into their minds. Gurus Kids Yoga is excellent for:
1. Promoting physical development and a positive attitude toward physical activity.
2. Building self-esteem, focus, and concentration.
3. Improving strength, flexibility, body awareness, and neuromuscular coordination.
4. Complementing other sports training by helping to prevent injury and improve coordination.
5. Helping to find balance in busy and active lives, relieving overall stress, and helping to develop poise and confidence.
6. Helping adolescents to develop a healthy relationship with their changing bodies and a positive image of themselves
7. Creating a totally positive, supportive and non-competitive environment where we use cooperative learning activities to build trust.